Edtech, or education technology, has evolved over the past decade and has also revolutionised the education market. While we are set to step into the next decade, we have a list of the top edtech apps that may see exponential growth in the year 2020:
1. Brainly - A large online learning community, it unites students with fellow students, parents, and teachers around the world to help solve their academic problems and to facilitate knowledge exchange. It claims to currently be visited by users from 35 countries including India, where it says it has a monthly user base of over 20 million.
2. Byju's - A Bangalore based edutech platform or online tutorial firm it tries to make learning and understanding concepts much easier for school kids. The subject focus of the platform is Maths and Science, and the concepts are explained using 12-20 minute digital animation videos.
3. Coursera - it is platform where each subject is taught by top instructors which gives people an opportunity to learn something new anytime, anywhere. Hundreds of free courses gives access to on-demand video lectures, homework exercises, and community discussion forums. Paid courses provide additional quizzes and projects as well as a shareable Course Certificate upon completion.
4. OpenDoor Education - Open Door is a platform that helps children learn math and science with a focus on concepts and scientific thinking. It has also recently introduced a new program called ‘Thinking Classrooms’ which attempts to add more engagement and thinking in classrooms through discussions and deliberations.
5. Quizlet - An online crowded with flashcards and study materials for anyone, anywhere across the globe. It is mostly loved by apprentices of middle school, high school and college because it allows you to create flashcards to test yourself and share with others. Students can find study materials on almost every subject.