Up till now, change in Pokemon Go nicknames was only allowed for players who would accidentally input their name or other personality identifiable information as their nickname. For this too, one would have to follow a tedious procedure which involved endless waiting for the request to be verified and approved by the Pokemon Go Help Center. Fortunately, this has been changed now - thanks to the latest update by Pokemon Go.
Here’s how you can change your nick name:
1. Tap open Pokemon Go on your device
2. Tap on the Pokemon button at the bottom of the map screen
3. Enter settings on the upper left-hand corner of the screen
4. Scroll down to ‘Change nickname’ in the settings option
5. Enter your desired nick name
6. Tap ‘Ok’ for all boxes that follow
7. You will now receive a notification “You are now known as (your new nickname)” and tap ‘Ok’ after that, as well.
Other changes that Pokemon Go received in the span of last week include a feature that allows users to customize their avatars, an additional warning that reminds users to not play Pokemon Go while driving and work was even implemented on the bug that prevented the app from awarding an XP bonus for “Nice,” “Great,” and “Excellent” Poke Ball throws.
Users can avail the latest updates from the iOS and Android playstore platforms....