As multiple reports come out stating a huge quality of counterfeit Xiaomi products being seized Delhi’s police, the company has issued a few guidelines you could follow to ensure that you have your hands on an authentic Xiaomi device.
These are as follows:
· Some products carry security codes that can be checked on mi.com to identify the authenticity of the product- eg. Mi Powerbanks
· Packaging and quality of retail box are very different. You can visit any Mi Home/ Mi Store to validate the original packaging.
· Check for the original Mi Logo on the product and you will know if that is authorized. Original logo of packaging can be seen on mi.com
· All authorized fitness products such as Mi Band(s) will have Mi Fit app compatibility.
· Original batteries will carry a sign stating it to be Li-Poly batteries – while signs like Li-ion mean that they are not Xiaomi’s
· One can identify original USB cables by Xiaomi as well from the fake ones, as the unauthorized ones are quite flimsy and break easily
Counterfeited products are not only a big threat to consumer health and safety but also pose a huge risk to consumer’s data security. The products might start malfunctioning and the user might be unaware of the hazards that these kinds of products can cause....