Being a solo traveller in India can be an exhilarating and frustrating experience in equal parts, even more so if you are in a state that speaks a completely different language, if you are in an area that’s known to be unsafe or if you aren’t sure of your directions.
Here is a list of 5 apps that will be the travel buddy for you
1) Google Translate: While language may not be a barrier in many Indian states, it definitely is in some. In such cases, having a handy translation app in hand will help you find exactly what you need.
2) LinCodes: When in a new city, getting lost is practically expected. That’s why a handy way-finding app is a necessary addition to your arsenal. Especially one that locates your location generates a simple 12-digit numeric code for complex address. Also, this app works offline.
3) Uber/Ola: We’re all familiar with these taxi-on-demand apps that are practically a lifesaver in numerous situations. While public transport is always available, there are high chances that you’ll be stuck in a city with unreliable or non-existent transport options, or they may just be unsafe. In such a situation, the Uber or Ola apps are practically a necessity.
4) Smart 24x7: A security app that’s linked to the police! Sounds interesting? That’s the beauty of Smart 24x7. With a special panic button that connects directly to the police or to a pre-designated emergency contact, a feature that allows it to click photos or record audio/video of a particular situation and unique tracking features, this app has everything to keep you safe in a new place.
5) OYO Rooms: So you’ve made your travel plans, booked your tickets, planned your itinerary, and booked your hotels. But as it’s said, for every plan A, there needs to be a plan B. In this case, it’s the OYO Rooms app. So if you find yourself stranded in a new city and the room you’ve booked is suddenly unavailable, this app is exactly what you’ll need.