With International Women's Day and Women's History Month being so popular for events on Facebook, Facebook is rolling out the new Events in Stories feature as well as new stickers and frames.
Facebook hopes that these features will help people share the women's events that matter most to them, build excitement, and rally friends to support and celebrate the contributions that women around the world make to their communities every day.
Here are the new features:
- Option to “Share to Your Story” when you're visiting an event page and want to share it with friends and see if they're also interested in attending
- Tappable sticker within your story that shows event details, allows friends to respond Interested or Going to the event directly from the story and allows friends to tap on the sticker to visit the event page
- A list of friends who responded to the event and an easy way to start a group chat with those friends
How to use events in stories:
- Go to an event page that you're interested in.
- Click “Share” below the date and time of the event.
- Tap “Share to Your Story”.
- View your story. Friends can tap “Interested” to tell you they're also interested in the event.
- Check out the responses and make a plan. Tap on the circle by friends who are interested and start a group message.