The annual Apple Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) is underway in San Jose, California, in the US, and will last till tomorrow. For the first time in years, the Cupertino-based tech giant has used the platform to tout not only about new software, but also hardware too.
Apple has unveiled a range of updated products, including iPads, MacBooks and iMacs with detailed price tags of each model. Usually, Apple reveals home market price rates for the upgraded products, and takes time to disclose what tag these products would carry to the Indian market; but not this time.
Besides announcing pricing details for its home market, the firm has revealed Indian price for the products as well.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro without TouchBar can be purchased at Rs 1,09,900 (128GB).
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro with TouchBar will be available at Rs 1,54,900 (256GB) and Rs 1,71, 900 (512GB).
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro will start at Rs 2,05,900.
- The 12-inch MacBook will now be priced at Rs 1,09,900 for the 256GB storage variant, while the 512GB variant will cost 1,34,900.
- Since the MacBook has only received a minor speed bump from 1.6GHz Core i5 Broadwell chip to 1.8GHz Core i5 Broadwell chip, the price rate of the model remains unchanged in the country. The 128GB model will cost Rs 80,900 and the 256GB will be available at Rs 96,900.
- The iMac with 21.5-inch non-retina display now start at Rs 90,900, while the one with retina display starts at Rs 1,07,900.
- The new entry-level with 1TB of 5400rpm hard disk has been priced at Rs 1,24,900.
- The 27.5-inch Retina iMac model starting price remains unchanged at Rs 1,48,900, while the two higher-end models cost have been raised by another Rs 1,000 each at Rs. 1,65,900, and Rs. 1,89,900 respectively.
- The new iPad Pro with 10.5-inch model will cost Rs 52,900 for the 64GB storage, Rs 60,900 for 265GB, and Rs 76,900 for the 512GB variant. The Wi-Fi + cellular variant will cost Rs 11,000 more for each storage variants, resulting Rs 63,900 (64GB), Rs. 71,900 (256GB), and Rs. 87,900 (512GB).
- The Wi-Fi-only 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be available at at Rs. 65,900 (64GB), Rs. 73,900 (256GB), and Rs. 89,900 (512GB). The device will also cost Rs 11,000 more the Wi-Fi + Cellular models.