GoPro’s drone and stabilization solution, Karma, is now on sale at GoPro.com and select US retailers. Initial shipments will be limited but production is expected to ramp quickly. Karma will be available in international markets in the spring.
Karma features a compact, fits-in-a-small-backpack design and includes an image-stabilization grip that can be handheld or worn.
- The compact and foldable Karma drone, Karma controller and Karma Grip fit into an included backpack
- A game-style controller features an integrated touch display, making it easy to fly without the need for a separate phone or tablet to see what the drone sees
- The 3-axis camera stabilizer can be removed from the Karma drone and attached to the included Karma Grip for capturing ultra-smooth handheld and body-mounted shots
- Karma also features several preset flight patterns that make Hollywood-caliber aerial shots like dronie, orbit, reveal andcable cam easy to execute
- New Karma functionalities will be available via software updates in the future
Karma is available in the following bundles:
- Karma without a GoPro camera for $799.99 MSRP
- Karma bundled with HERO5 Black for $1099.99 MSRP
- Flight Kit for Karma Grip owners available in April for $599.99 MSRP.
GoPro voluntarily withdrew Karma in November 2016 after a small number of cases where batteries disconnected during flight, resulting in a loss of power. GoPro identified the issue as related to the latch mechanism which secured the drone’s battery. A redesigned battery latch has been incorporated into the updated Karma drone to solve the issue.
Separately available harnesses make Karma compatible with HERO5 Session and HERO4 Black and Silver cameras....