India players to don brand new jerseys ahead of ICC World T20

The design features a jersey with a new collar that has clear Asian influences.

Mumbai: Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led Team India are in splendid form winning eight of their last nine matches in the shortest format of the game. The same form applies to the Mithali Raj-led women’s team as well.

Watch: Pakistan fan vows to smash Dhoni-led Team India’s bowlers

While Dhoni and the Men in Blue have won the first three league matches in the ongoing Asia Cup thus booking a spot in the final, with only the dead drubber against minnows UAE left on Thursday, the eves too have been victorious after recently dishing out a clinical performance to thrash Sri Lanka by nine wickets in the third and final game to complete a 3-0 series series sweep.

Watch: What Yuvraj Singh told Hardik Pandya will shock you

While Team India have more or less ticked all the boxes as far as their form goes, there’s another reason for them to shine. When the men and women's teams step onto the field to greet their nation’s cheers at the T20 games in India, they'll be wearing new Nike T20 kits.

All it takes to be unstoppable is you. The path to greatness never ends, it starts from within. #ChaseGreatness

Posted by Indian Cricket Team on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Showcasing the country’s signature blue, the design features a jersey with a new collar that has clear Asian influences.

Here's a close look at the Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)Here's a close look at the Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)

Four-way stretch pants feature articulated patterning on the knee section to withstand aggressive play.

The jersey has a clear Asian influence. (Photo: NIke)The jersey has a clear Asian influence. (Photo: NIke)

Bold, with a contemporary striped motif, the kits express the excitement and responsibility the players feel when representing their country.

India will don their new jerseys on March 15 as they kick off their ICC World T20 campaign against New Zealand. (Photo: Nike)India will don their new jerseys on March 15 as they kick off their ICC World T20 campaign against New Zealand. (Photo: Nike)

At every stage, the meaning of wearing India jersey changes," Mithali said in a press release.

They look absolutely great on some of the Indian players who have already tried out the new jersey. (Photo: Nike)They look absolutely great on some of the Indian players who have already tried out the new jersey. (Photo: Nike)

When you are the senior player, you have everyone on your shoulders and you can’t let them down. When you are a debutant, you are playing for yourself and all those people who have made you a player. It is different, but when I don the signature blue kit, I carry it proudly, believing I will win," she added.

Ajinkya Rahane, who has featured in only one match in the Asia Cup against Pakistan, shares a similar sentiment.

Ajinkya Rahane donning the new Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)Ajinkya Rahane donning the new Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)

Watch: Mahendra Singh Dhoni reaches another milestone with this six

Virat Kohli looked dapper with the new Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)Virat Kohli looked dapper with the new Team India jersey. (Photo: Nike)

Wearing the kit, going out there and playing for my country – it’s an overwhelming feeling, which is almost impossible to express in words. But whenever I wear the kit, I believe I’m a hero,” he said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story