Uttam Warns of Blacklisting Millers Causing Financial Loss to Farmers
10-day mega paddy procurement drive launched

Hyderabad: Civil supplies minister N Uttam Kumar Reddy on Sunday warned that strict action would be taken against anyone found defrauding farmers, including blacklisting rice mills that pay below the government-fixed price per quintal.
Reviewing paddy procurement through a high-level video conference, the minister directed district collectors and civil supplies officials to complete operations within 10 days through “result-oriented field action”. He also instructed officials to register criminal cases where warranted against those involved in fraudulent practices.
The meeting was attended virtually by Deputy Chief Minister Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka and ministers Tummala Nageswara Rao, Ponnam Prabhakar, Jupally Krishna Rao and Adluri Lakshman.
Announcing a 10-day special drive, Uttam Kumar Reddy said task forces comprising officials from the revenue, police and civil supplies departments would maintain surveillance at procurement centres and mills to ensure transparency.
He said total arrivals were expected to reach 70–75 lakh metric tonnes (LMT) and assured that the government would procure the entire quantity despite operational and financial pressures. Telangana recorded an estimated 140.81 LMT of paddy production during the current rabi season from 65.91 lakh acres.
As of May 23, arrivals at procurement centres stood at 58.79 LMT, of which 50.01 LMT had been procured. About 85 per cent of the arrived stock had been cleared. Around 8.78 LMT remained pending and would be cleared within 72 hours, while another 16 LMT was expected from late-harvest districts over the next ten days.
The civil supplies department has set a daily procurement target of 3 LMT as part of the accelerated drive.

