Vizag Fishermen Get ₹27 Crore Relief Under Ban Scheme
The collector also said that earlier only six crew members working on mechanised boats were eligible under the livelihood assistance scheme, but the number has now been increased to include eight to 10 workers per boat

Visakhapatnam: The Andhra Pradesh government has credited `27.19 crore into the bank accounts of 13,597 fishermen in Visakhapatnam district under the fishing ban relief scheme, district collector M. Abhishikt Kishore said on Tuesday.
The announcement was made during the “Matsyakarula Seva” programme attended virtually from the collectorate by the collector, joint collector G. Vidyadhari and MLAs Velagapudi Ramakrishna Babu and Vamsi Krishna Yadav. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu participated in the programme held at Kavali in Nellore district.
Speaking on the occasion, the collector said the government had released `20,000 per family as fishing ban relief to provide financial support to fishermen during the ban period. He said around 1,500 more beneficiaries had been included this year compared to last year.
The collector also said that earlier only six crew members working on mechanised boats were eligible under the livelihood assistance scheme, but the number has now been increased to include eight to 10 workers per boat.
He assured that officials would identify any left-out eligible fishermen and include them under the scheme.
A mega cheque for `27,19,40,000 was presented to beneficiaries during the programme.
Joint director of fisheries Lakshmana Rao, boat owners and fishermen also participated in the event.

