Four including two teens died in kite flying incidents in Hyderabad

Hyderabad: Four persons including two teenagers died while flying kites in separate incidents in the twin cities since Sunday.

Thirteen-year-old fifth-class student Laxmi Vikek Santosh died of electrocution while trying to remove a kite that was entangled on an electric pole in Ganeshnagar, under Mailardevpally police station on Tuesday.

According to the police the victim Vivek, came in contact with the current when he tried to pull a kite from the HT line using a flexi board pipe from the second floor of his house.

Vivek fell unconscious after he suffered an electric shock from a 33 KV HT line, his family members rushed him to a private hospital where the doctors declared him dead, Mohammed Shareef, Milardevpally police sub inspector said.

The victim’s father L Santosh Kumar and mother Gayatri were busy in their photo studio when the incident occurred after the watchman informed them they rushed their son to the hospital. Santosh along with his family resides on the second floor and runs a photo studio on the ground floor, police said.

In a separate case, 16-year-old Salman Yousuf, who was missing from his house for the last two days was found dead in an under-construction building in Masab Tank, Monday evening.

According to Masabtank police, Salman had told his mother on January 14 that he was going to fly kites with his friends but did not return.

Police during the investigation inquired with his friends that Salman died after he slipped from the balcony of a third floor of the under-construction building and suffered injuries.

Following the incident, his friends panicked and left their house and were scared to inform Salman’s parents. Police have registered a suspicious death and are investigating.

In another case, 20-year-old Akash Sharma, an intermediate second-year student, who was flying a kite along with his friends succumbed to injuries after he fell from the terrace of a five-storied building in Alwal.

Akash lost his balance and fell to the ground when he tried to climb the boundary wall, Alwal police said.

In yet another incident that occurred in Isnapur of Sanga Reddy where K Subramaniam (30) and his wife Chamundeshwari were flying a kite and suffered electrocution when they tried to pull their kite that got struck on the HT line that was passing from the fourth-floor terrace, Sangareddy police said.

Subranaim used a wet bamboo stick that was lying on the terrace and his wife who was close to him also suffered electric shock. Subramaniam died on the way to Sangareddy government hospital while his wife who suffered burn injuries is undergoing treatment.

Subramanium, a resident of Jogipet, had come to celebrate Sankranthi at his in-law's house in Isnapur, police said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle )
Next Story