Top

Rajasthan School To Get New Building After CJP Campaign

Rs 18 Lakh Sanctioned For Rampura School; Construction To Begin Sept 1 After CJP-Villager Clash

The Rajasthan government has announced that construction of a new building for a government primary school in Jaipur’s Rampura (Kanwarpura) will begin from September 1, days after a Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) team visiting the school as part of its campaign was involved in a confrontation with villagers.

The government has sanctioned Rs 18 lakh for the new building of Government Primary School, Rampura (Kanwarpura), in Sanganer block. Of this, Rs 12 lakh was sanctioned from the District Mineral Foundation Trust (DMFT) on August 13, while another Rs 6 lakh was allocated from the MLA fund.

The announcement came late Saturday night following the confrontation involving the CJP team on Friday. The party had visited the village under its ‘School Thik Karo’ (Improve Government Schools) campaign, which focuses on highlighting infrastructure problems in government schools.

Police have registered cross-FIRs in connection with the confrontation, with the CJP alleging that BJP workers attacked its members, while villagers accused the visiting team of intimidating residents and creating a ruckus.

Reacting to the government’s announcement, CJP co-founder and spokesperson Ashutosh Ranka said the party’s immediate demand regarding the Rampura school had been addressed, but its broader campaign would continue.

“We had not gone there to seek votes. We had gone to talk about getting the school fixed. Now that the government has approved the start of work from September 1, that issue, including our 48-hour warning, is over,” Ranka said.

He questioned why the construction work could not have been initiated earlier and said there was no justification for the violence during the CJP team’s visit.

“If the government is genuinely concerned about the future of children, get the schools repaired. We are not here to fight, but we will neither retreat nor be intimidated,” he said.

Ranka claimed the government’s decision showed the impact of the CJP campaign and urged party workers to continue visiting government schools and organise peaceful demonstrations wherever necessary.

He also demanded a concrete timeline for repairing schools across Rajasthan. Ranka claimed around 3,000 school buildings were in a dilapidated condition and 611 schools were functioning without buildings.

Referring to the government’s school infrastructure roadmap, he said the state had announced a Rs 12,000-crore plan on March 31 and claimed its implementation timeline had subsequently been reduced from five years to three years.

Ranka asked the government to disclose how many schools had been repaired in the past six months and identify those scheduled for repair during the next year. He said CJP members would next visit schools in western Rajasthan, including Jodhpur.

According to the Rajasthan government, the Rampura school building was declared dilapidated after a technical survey in September 2025 and was subsequently taken out of use. A proposal to shift students to a government senior secondary school in nearby Beelwa was opposed by villagers, who cited the children’s young age and commuting difficulties.

Classes were subsequently being held in a cattle enclosure. The school currently has 18 students and two teachers.

The confrontation on Friday took place when the CJP team visited Rampura-Kanwarpura to inspect the school. The CJP alleged that BJP workers attacked its members, while villagers accused the visiting group of intimidating residents and creating a ruckus. Police subsequently registered cross-FIRs on complaints from a villager and a CJP member.

CJP Convenor, Others Booked Over Latur School Visit

CJP convenor Abhijeet Dipke and others have been booked in Latur for allegedly entering a government school without permission, disrupting official work and threatening teachers.

The FIR, filed on a teacher’s complaint, alleges that Dipke questioned students, filmed the visit and shared it on social media. He also allegedly threatened to have teachers suspended.

The allegations have not been independently established. Police booked the accused under four sections of the BNS, including provisions on criminal intimidation and defamation. Further investigation is underway.



( Source : Deccan Chronicle with agency inputs )
Next Story