The Indian Premier League 2020

Nation Politics 22 Oct 2020 Centre to support ra ...

Centre to support rain affected in Telangana: Kishan

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | IREDDY SRINIVAS REDDY
Published Oct 22, 2020, 10:23 am IST
Updated Oct 22, 2020, 10:23 am IST
“Telangana should also utilise the SDRF on emergency situations immediately. The Centre will reimburse the fund,” : Kishan Reddy
Minister of State, Home, G Kishan Reddy
 Minister of State, Home, G Kishan Reddy

Hyderabad, Oct 21: Minister of state for home affairs G. Kishan Reddy said on Wednesday that the Central Government had announced an ex-gratia of `4 lakh to the kin of those who had died because of floods, `2 lakh for those disabled and `11,700 those with smaller or partial injuries but affected by the recent rains in Telangana.

The Minister, while addressing a press conference at Delhi, came down heavily on the various ministers of the K. Chandrashekar Rao-led TRS government for criticising the Center about relief funds. He slammed leaders saying this was not a time to indulge in political verbal duels, adding that such comments were neither acceptable nor would be tolerated.

 

Kishan Reddy clarified that disaster management funds were allocated every year to states and union territories, of which, the Centre contributes 75 per cent whereas the remaining 25 per cent has to be pitched in by the respect state or UT. He said that every state should use funds from the state disaster response fund.

“Telangana should also utilise the SDRF on emergency situations immediately. The Centre will reimburse the fund,” he said. The Central government will help states after estimating losses after a detailed field visit by Central officers, Mr Reddy said.

 

He criticised TRS ministers, saying funds which are allocated by the Centre as well as state government is all entirely public money, not some personal money coming from packets of any party or leader. He said that the Telangana government was neglecting encroachments, despite repeated complaints, in and around the Musi river area.

Chiding Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao, Mr Reddy said CM Rao should check satellite maps of 2014 and compare it with now to realise the extent of encroachments of the Musi river, and demanded demolition of such encroachments.

 

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT