Nation Other News 29 Aug 2021 APSRTC to begin door ...

APSRTC to begin door delivery of goods from September 1

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | NAGESWARA RAO BALLEDA
Published Aug 29, 2021, 7:06 am IST
Updated Aug 29, 2021, 7:07 am IST
APSRTC said 18,000 luggage parcels are booked daily across the state, generating revenue of Rs 32 lakh
For now, door delivery will be limited to 10 kilograms to addresses located within 10 km from the respective centres. —  Representational image/DC
 For now, door delivery will be limited to 10 kilograms to addresses located within 10 km from the respective centres. — Representational image/DC

Kadapa: The AP State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) will start door delivery of goods at all district centres as well as Rajamahendravaram, Vijayawada and Tirupati from September 1. This service is currently available in 16 centres only if a customer opts for it, at a special charge.

APSRTC said 18,000 luggage parcels are booked daily across the state, generating revenue of Rs 32 lakh. The RTC conducted a special survey to find out ways to enhance the service, on July 17 at 35 centres. The survey found that 66 per cent of customers wanted door delivery.

 

For now, door delivery will be limited to 10 kilograms to addresses located within 10 km from the respective centres. For items weighing up to 1 kg, the fee is Rs 15, 1 kg to 6 kg Rs 25 and for 6 kg to 10 kg, Rs 30. GST will be extra.

Door delivery will be handled by existing contractors. The RTC pays 80 per cent of the proceeds to the contractor and retains the remaining 20 per cent.

The contractor has to hire at least two employees to sort parcels and deliver them. As the number of parcels increase, more staff will have to be recruited.

 

The RTC vice chairman and managing director has issued directions to executive directors of all zones with regard to the start of the service on September 1.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->