Cops rescue abducted child, reunite with kin in Hyderabad

Hyderabad: A six-month-old boy, who went missing from the waiting room at Niloufer Hospital on September 14 and was later found to be kidnapped, was reunited with his mother on Wednesday morning, the police said.

Fareeda Begum, mother of six-month-old Faisal Khan, said: “I am grateful to the Hyderabad police, who supported me morally during the past six days. I was unable to sleep and lost all hope, but this morning, when the police informed that they rescued my son and asked me to take him, I felt like the luckiest mother on earth. My husband, Sharook, and I rushed to the police station to get Faisal back.”

The police said that the boy was kidnapped by a woman, Katroth Mamtha, 24, who met Fareeda in the waiting area of the hospital. She claimed to have a two-month-old baby and said he was admitted to the hospital.

During the interaction, Fareeda fed Faisal and placed him in the room as he fell asleep. When she went to collect her food, Mamtha fled with Faisal. Upon her return, Fareeda could not find Faisal but said there was another baby left at the spot.

The police said that Fareeda, a Gandipet resident, was visiting the hospital for her elder son’s treatment.

Fareeda lodged a missing complaint with Nampally police and stated in her complaint that she suspected another woman who was visiting the hospital.

City police teams, in the early hours of Wednesday, traced the accused to their house in Banswada of Kamareddy. After taking appropriate measures they rescued the victim, Faisal Khan.

“Special teams, comprising Central Zone Task Force and Nampally crime team, were formed and they utilised dumb tower location technology and traced the accused to Banswada village of Kamareddy district and rescued Faisal in the early hours of Wednesday and handed the baby to his mother,” M. Venkateshwarlu, Central Zone DCP, said in a press meet.

The police said that Mamtha and her husband, Katroth Srinivas, had two children but they both died of genetic disease. As recent as 10 days back, Mamtha had given birth to another boy, but he was diagnosed with hyper-viscosity syndrome, due to which the couple assumed he would also die and hatched the plan to abduct a male baby from the hospital and leave their child in the baby’s place.

After the abduction, Mamtha booked an auto-rickshaw to reach the Jubilee Bus Stand, while her husband also separately reached JBS.

“They boarded a bus to Nizamabad, got down in Kamareddy district and reached their house,” the DCP said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story