A Good Samaritan averts major fire mishap

Hyderabad: A Good Samaritan’s swift action in trying to prevent fire in a wood beading material shop from spreading to the adjacent timber depot helped avert a major fire mishap in Chikuwadi in the early hours of Saturday.

The fire broke out at the beading material shop around 2.20 am. On being alerted of the incident, the owner Feroz immediately went to the spot and informed the local police.

Meanwhile, on noticing the fire, one Narsing Rao, who runs a dairy farm in the same locality, rushed to the shop and started pouring water continuously, police said. He climbed to the top, drew up a hose pipe from the premises and asked house owners M. Lakshmaiah, a government pensioner, and his wife Padma, to connect it to the tap. He then sprayed water and alerted the adjacent timber depot employees to evacuate, said Sandeep Shandilya, city police commissioner in a press release.

Narsing Rao swung into action even before the fire teams and police reached the spot, Shahinayathgunj police said.

The commissioner met Narsing Rao and appreciated his efforts and for being a responsible citizen

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story