Nation Other News 16 Apr 2016 Anesthesia claims ki ...

Anesthesia claims kid’s life

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Apr 16, 2016, 7:06 am IST
Updated Apr 16, 2016, 7:06 am IST
Victim was taken to private hospital for cosmetic surgery.
Shahal
 Shahal

KOZHIKODE: A two-and-a-half-year-old boy hailing from Pookkad, near Koyilandy, died on Thursday night after he was taken to the operation theatre for a cosmetic surgery at a private hospital in Kozhikode. The death was allegedly due to the failure in administering anesthesia, according to sources.

The boy, Shahal, was injured on his left cheek after a fall while playing in his house and was taken to a   hospital in Koyilandy. The relatives of the boy say that the hospital authorities advised them to do a cosmetic surgery  and referred him to the hospital in the town. The boy was admitted  around 7 p.m. and was given anaesthesia.

 

“It is suspected that he experienced a cardiac arrest after an anaphylactic shock. The doctors tried to revive him for hours in vain. It was a microsurgery, which the relatives demanded,” said the hospital authorities.

The boy was then taken to another super specialty hospital. However,  his pulse was low by then and he was declared dead at the emergency department itself. Nadakkavu police registered a case for unnatural death and are investigating. The hospital authorities said that they were ready to cooperate with the investigation.

 

...
Location: India, Kerala




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->