Parents take children home after food poisoning incident in KGBV hostel

Nizamabad: Parents of some students who fell sick due to food poisoning in Bheemgal took their children home for fear that the children’s health may further deteriorate if they remained under the “poor hygienic conditions” in the hostel.

Parents complained that there was no permanent special officer for the
Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) and there was no supervision of the students’ facilities. The hostel is situated far away from Bheemgal town.

Some 307 students were studying at the KGBV, of which about a hundred fell sick on Monday night. They were shifted to a government hospital in the Nizamabad district headquarters on Tuesday.

“The students fell sick after they had their breakfast. Some students
started vomiting and had loose motions due to suspected food poisoning,” officials said.

Collector R.G. Hanumanthu ordered an inquiry into the incident. An official visited the hostel and inquired into the incident. Roads minister Vemula Prashanth asked the collector to take action against the staff responsible for the incident.

Parents recollected that some students fell sick due to rat bite at the
hostel a few months ago.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story