Nation Other News 13 Dec 2016 Hyderabad: Boy tries ...

Hyderabad: Boy tries to free kite, gets electrocuted

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Dec 13, 2016, 1:41 am IST
Updated Dec 13, 2016, 7:30 am IST
Boy’s fascination for a kite printed with an image of Bahubali claimed his life.
The incident happened in Chevella on Monday. (Representational Image)
 The incident happened in Chevella on Monday. (Representational Image)

Hyderabad: A 10-year-old boy’s fascination for a kite printed with an image of Bahubali claimed his life. Puta Charan, who tried to free the kite which was stuck in live electric cables on a pole, climbed the pole and got electrocuted. The incident happened in Chevella on Monday.

Charan, the younger son of Jangamma, a resident of Shamshabad, came to his grandmother’s home in Chevella two weeks ago to attend the memorial ceremony of his grandfather who died a month ago. 

 

On Monday, at around 4 pm, Charan was playing alone in an open area near his grandmother’s house and he saw a kite stuck in electric cables atop a pole around 10 feet high.

He was fascinated by the Bahubali image on the kite and to free the kite he climbed the pole not knowing that it had live power cables.

He reached the top, and while attempting to reach the kite he came in contact with cables and suffered an electric shock. Neighbours who heard a loud scream found him hanging on the cables. Later, with the help of electricity personnel, Charan was brought down, but he was dead. Police registered a case

 

“We are checking detail,” Chevella SI B.S.S. Varaprasad said.

Jangamma who has two sons lost her husband Bikshapathi five years ago and was taking care of both her kids. Charan’s elder brother who is mentally ill went missing a month ago and is still untraced.

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->