Cleaning shop, trader dies of electrocution

Hyderabad: A 36-year-old mechant who was cleaning his shop for Diwali died of electrocution, Begum Bazaar police said on Saturday.

Police said that the victim, Jagdish Kumar, owner of Shivam Brass in Feelkhana, and his employees were washing the shop late on Friday when he came in contact with a live wire.

Staff members switched off the mains and rushed him to a private hospital where the doctors declared him dead, police said. Jagdish did not notice that a wire from the inverter had falled on the wet floor.

Begum Bazaar police registered a case of death under suspicious circumstances and shifted the victim's body to Osmania General Hospital for postmortem.

Next Story