Hyderabad: A 30-year-old sanitation worker died due to electrocution at Balapura Basti HMWS&SB office near Banjara Hills Road No. 1 when she came in contact with an electricity wire.
She died on the spot. Police registered a case and shifted the body to Osmania General Hospital mortuary for autopsy.
GHMC commissioner B. Janardhan Reddy, additional commissioner Ravi Kiran, TSSPDCL divisional engineer Sudheer Babu and other officials visited the spot.
Mr Janardhan Reddy informed media that the family of the deceased would be given Rs 4 lakh as compensation from TSSPDCL and Rs 2 lakh from the GHMC. Besides this, GHMC Mayor Bonthu Rammohan announced Rs 50,000 from the Mayor?s Fund apart from insurance, EPF, ESI and Apathbandhu.
The GHMC has also announced that the daughter of the deceased would be provided residential education....