Routine Shopping Trip Turns Fatal for Nizamabad Kid

NIZAMABAD: A tragic incident unfolded at a supermarket in the Nandipet mandal headquarters on Monday, resulting in the electrocution of a four-year-old girl.

The victim, identified as Rishitha from Navipet, had accompanied her parents, Rajasekhar and Samyukta, to the N super market in Nandipet to purchase confectionery items.

While at the supermarket, the girl was drawn to the chocolates inside a fridge. In her attempt to open the fridge doors, she suffered an electric shock. Her father, who witnessed the incident, rushed her to the Government General Hospital in Nizamabad. Tragically, the medical staff declared Rishitha brought dead.

In response to the incident, the family members of the deceased and villagers from Nandipet staged a protest in front of the supermarket, demanding action against the owners for what they deemed to be a severe case of negligence. Electricity officials pointed to potential causes of the electrocution, including the absence of proper earthing wires and the use of subpar electrical equipment within the supermarket. Nandipet police registered a case and initiated an investigation into the matter.

Next Story