Nation Other News 01 Mar 2017 Six year old dies of ...

Six year old dies of food poisoning in Kannur

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Mar 1, 2017, 1:14 am IST
Updated Mar 1, 2017, 6:52 am IST
All of them were taken to a private hospital in Iritty and later shifted to Pariyaram Medical College where the boy’s condition worsened.
Representational image
 Representational image

KANNUR: A six-year-old boy died in Kokkad, near Ulikkal in Kannur, due to food poisoning. Other members of his family are suffering and were admitted at hospital. Muhammed Yasin, a Class I student of Vayathur Upper Primary School, and son of Salim and Noorjahan, Kaippel House, Kokkad, had attended a housewarming ceremony of his relative on Sunday. After the ceremony was over, they took home leftover food and kept it in the refrigerator. It was consumed by the family members on Monday after which they developed discomfort.

All of them were taken to a private hospital in Iritty and later shifted to Pariyaram Medical College where the boy’s condition worsened. However, his life could not be saved. Noorjahan and another son Ajmal, 16, are admitted at Pariyaram Medical College and Yasin's brothers Sinan, 12, and Adinan, 7, and Noorjahan's aunt Sainaba were admitted at a private hospital in Iritty. Ulikkal SI Sivan Chodath said that a case was registered for unnatural death and a post-mortem confirmed a case of food poisoning. Yasin's funeral was held at Ulikkal burial ground on Tuesday.

 

...
Location: India, Kerala




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->