Jagan Mohan Reddy attacker claims threat to life

The accused Srinivas was hospitalised with chest pain on Tuesday evening.

Visakhapatnam: It seems Janipalli Srinivasa Rao alias Srinivas who attacked YSRC supremo Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy in Vizag Airport on Thursday fears death in the way Mallela Babji died under suspicious conditions after attacking founder of Telugu Desam Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao in 1984.

Babji allegedly committed suicide in a lodge two months after the incident. On Tuesday, the attacker Srinivas created a flutter by shouting that he might get killed anywhere. The YSRC leaders are suspecting that the attack on Mr Jagan case replicates the attack on N.T. Rama Rao.

The accused Srinivas was hospitalised with chest pain on Tuesday evening. Srinivas, who was in police custody for the past three days, complained of chest suffocation and was admitted to KG Hospital in Vizag for treatment.

On the way to the hospital, on seeing mediapersons, Srinivas shouted that there is threat to his life and he wanted to express some key points to the public. “No one behind the attack on Jagan, I alone resorted to the attack,” Srinivas said.

Sources said that Srinivas refused to get treatment and told to the doctors that he wanted to donate his organs.

Dismissing Srinivas' claims, the Special Investigation Team, led by ACP (Madhurawada) B.V. Nageswara Rao, said that Srinivas created a confusion among media organisations.

“Srinivas had fallen sick or was about to have a heart attack, but he is perfectly normal and has been moved back to the station after medical check-up. We have been providing full security to Srinivas and there is no threat to his life,” he said.

“As per the norms, an accused who is kept under Judicial Custody, needs to be taken to a Government Hospital for check-up every 48 hours and the police team took Srinivasa Rao to King George Hospital,” ACP Nageswara Rao said.

The SIT officials said that Mr Jagan refused to record his statement with AP Police when the SIT officials had gone to his house in Hyderabad. “We will seek suggestions of legal experts to get Mr Jagan’s statement,” the ACP said.

City Police Chief Mahesh Chandra Laddha said that Mr Jagan has refused to file a complaint with Airport Police station and refused to record his version in the case. “As the attack on Jagan was a criminal case, we have already booked an attempt to murder case against Srinivas based on a report filed by the CISF. We are investigating the case in all the possible angles to establish the motive behind the attack and the involvement of anyone,” he said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story