Hyderabad: Nearly 250 stalls out of the 2,500 at Numaish, the All India Industrial Exhibition, at Nampally were gutted after a fire broke out following a short-circuit at about 8.40 pm on Wednesday.
As people rushed out of the ground, many people dropped their belongings including shopping bags, mobile phones and keys.
Mr Mahesh Kumar, a trader from Gujarat, said, “All the 15 shops in our line have been completely gutted. Some people were so insensitive that instead of helping the others they were shooting videos and them posting on social media. Is this what they must do with smart phones?”
The traders are very angry as they had suffered a massive loss. Mr Asif Ali, a dry fruit trader, said “My entire shop has been destroyed. The Exhibition Society officers did not respond in time. They should have acted quickly.”
Eyewitness Sree Teja said, “There was a rumour that there was a small fire and they are trying to douse it. Within a few minutes a loud explosion was heard and we saw a huge ball of fire.”...