Tragedy Strikes Freshers Party: Student Electrocuted, Others Injured at Palair School

Hyderabad: A student trying to put up a flexi at a freshers party was electrocuted and three others suffered burns at the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Palair of Khammam district on Saturday.

Police identified the victim as Durga Nagender, 17, second year Intermediate student. The injured students were shifted to the Khammam Government Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.

According to the police, the senior students were making arrangements for a party to welcome newcomers. Nagender came i contact a high tension wire passing through the school compound while erecting a flexi and got electrocuted. He fell from the ladder and died on the spot.

Following the incident, tension gripped the college when parents and students organisations staged a protest. Student leaders ransacked the college and damaged furniture to protest against the incident, alleging that it was the result of negligence by the college administration. Police were called to the place and dispersed the protesters. Police also booked a case with regard to the student’s death and began investigations.

Next Story