Nation Current Affairs 28 Nov 2017 Congress did only 15 ...

Congress did only 15 per cent work on Metro Rail Project: TRS government

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Nov 28, 2017, 1:45 am IST
Updated Nov 28, 2017, 1:45 am IST
Talasani Srinivas Yadav said the Miyapur and Nagole Metro depots were constructed, permission obtained for eight rail over bridges.
Talasani Srinivas Yadav said only 15 per cent of  the work was  completed in the two years that the Congress was in power after the Metro Rail project was finalised. (Representational Image | PTI)
 Talasani Srinivas Yadav said only 15 per cent of the work was completed in the two years that the Congress was in power after the Metro Rail project was finalised. (Representational Image | PTI)

Hyderabad: Taking serious objections to the Congress presentation on Sunday claiming credit for the Metro Rail project, minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav on Monday said only 15 per cent of the work was completed during the tenure of the Congress governments.

He said the TRS government had resolved pending litigations and completed the rest of the work. Speaking to mediapersons here, the minister objected to former Union minister S. Jaipal Reddy’s comment that the then UPA government had gone out of its way to favour the Hyderabad Metro. He said the Congress leader must explain what he meant by “out of the way” in approving a project.

 

Mr Yadav said only 15 per cent of the work was completed in the two years that the Congress was in power after the Metro Rail project was finalised, and that too in areas where there was no litigation. “After coming to power, the TRS government completed the remaining 85 per cent of the work by resolving litigations including acquisition of land at 1,200 places to facilitate construction of Metro Rail,” Mr Yadav said. 

He said the Miyapur and Nagole Metro depots were constructed, permission obtained for eight rail over bridges. “Are these not achievements of the TRS government,” the minister asked. Replying to the charge of the Congress that not a single party leader had been invited for the project inaugural, Mr Yadav said, “There is not a single Congress MLA or MLC elected from the city, whom can we invite.”

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT