Nation Current Affairs 28 May 2016 Comed-K shocker: No ...

Comed-K shocker: No more seats to government quota students

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published May 28, 2016, 1:37 am IST
Updated May 28, 2016, 1:37 am IST
Twelve medical and 24 dental colleges are affiliated to Comed-K.
Comed-K on Friday said that its affiliated private medical and dental colleges will not allot seats to government quota students.
 Comed-K on Friday said that its affiliated private medical and dental colleges will not allot seats to government quota students.

Bengaluru: Just hours before the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) was to announce the results of Common Entrance Test-2016, Comed-K on Friday said that its affiliated private medical and dental colleges will not allot seats to government quota students.

Twelve medical and 24 dental colleges are affiliated to Comed-K. Every year, they surrender 1,500 medical and the same number of dental seats to state students that are filled up through CET by KEA.

 

Mr M.R. Jayaram of MS Ramaiah Medical College said that since the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) has been made mandatory for admissions to private medical colleges, the consensual agreement signed with the state government remains invalid.

"15% seats in private medical colleges are reserved for NRIs. We will not share even a single seat out of the remaining 85% with the state government," he said.
A surprised Medical Education Minister Dr Sharan Prakash Patil said, "We signed the consensual agreement only recently. After the private medical and dental colleges requested, we increased the annual fee by 10%. We will take a decision on the Comed-K stand after consulting with the law department."

 

State students shine in COMED-K UGET
COMED-K announced its UGET (engineering) results on Friday evening. State students have shared most of the top rankings. Releasing the results, COMED-K chief executive A.S. Shrikant informed that in the top 10 rank, seven were bagged by the Bengaluru city students. Adhokshaja V.M. from the city scored the first rank by securing 170 marks out of 180. Rahul R, another city student have secured second rank.

Third rank was bagged by Ms. Sai Himali Allu from Hyderbad. Fourth rank is bagged by Arveti Shiva from Andhra Pradesh. Yashvant K.T. from Bengaluru have secured fifth rank. Another highlight of this year's result is that out of first 100 ranks, 56 were bagged by Karnataka students. Out of top 1,000 ranks 417 were bagged by the state students.

 

CBSE Class X results today
CBSE class X results will be declared at 2 pm on Saturday.  Results will be available on cbse.nic.in. Around 10,000 students from the state have appeared for the exam.

...
Location: India, Karnataka, Bengaluru




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->