Bengaluru: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Monday that his government has decided to organise the world famous Mysuru Dasara in a more meaningful and attractive way from September 21 to 29.
Chairing a high-level Dasara committee meeting here, he said the committee would choose the guest to inaugurate the event within a week. The government has earmarked Rs 15 crore for the grand event. The Tourism Department would launch a publicity campaign, the Chief Minister said.
He said that his government had scaled down the festivities in 2015 and 2016 due to drought. But this time, the government would make the event a memorable one.
The festivities would commence on September 21. The famed Jamboo Savari would be held on September 30. The event would be inaugurated atop the Chamundi Hills at 9.15 am. This time, various departments of the government would have their stalls at the Dasara Exhibition Grounds. The government’s programmes and schemes would be showcased at the stalls, the Chief Minister said.
Mr Siddaramaiah said top priority would be given to promote tourism in and around Mysuru during Dasara. Roads and other infrastructure would be developed. A concrete road from the Palace to Bannimantapa had been built. All efforts would be made to attract tourists in a big way.
He said there would tableaux from all districts of the state during Jamboo Savari. This time, artistes from other states would participate in the procession.
Mysuru district in-charge minister Dr H.C. Mahadevappa, Kannada and Culture Minister Umashree, Primary and Secondary Education Minister Tanveer Sait, and Tourism Minister Priyank Kharge attended the meeting....