Hyderabad: A shop caught fire at the old vegetable market in Kushaiguda at noon on Saturday, due to a short circuit. There were no casualties .
About half the goods in the shop, Sri Sai Malikarjuna Vegetable Traders, were burnt. The shop was closed for Amavasya on Sunday.
The Cherlapally fire team along with two engines reached the spot within eight minutes of the call. It took about 20 minutes to put out the fire, station fire officer Shekhar Reddy said.
Goods like plastic chairs, vegetable trays, weighing machines were damaged. The market area consisted of about 50 shops, and the market does not have fire extinguishing equipment. There was a fire in February in the vegetable market at Kushaiguda....