KOZHIKODE: Transport minister A.K. Saseendran has promised strict action against officials who refused to cancel the permit of Kallada Transport buses the employees of which had attacked passengers at Maradu, Ernakulam, recently. “The owner and employees of the transport company are challenging the people. We cannot entertain them,” he said here on Sunday.
Even after two months of the incident, the transport officials are yet to cancel the permit of the bus, despite the minister announcing strict action.
“The lapses on the part of department officials will be inquired, and strict steps initiated,” he said.
“Though an employee had attempted to abuse a woman passenger the other day sexually, the transport company is yet to tender a public apology.”
On the strike of contract carriages conducting inter-state services on Monday, he said so far there has been no notice issued to authorities which is mandatory. If there is any trouble for public, alternate arrangements would be ensured, he added.
The officials blamed it on the delay in the meeting of Regional Transport Authority (RTA) entitled to cancel the permit. The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday.