Nation Current Affairs 24 May 2017 New headquarter for ...

New headquarter for GST to come up in Hyderabad

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published May 24, 2017, 1:39 am IST
Updated May 24, 2017, 1:39 am IST
the gst will be rolled out from July 1, which is expected to reduce compliance costs of  companies, apart from simplifying the complex tax system in the country.
 the gst will be rolled out from July 1, which is expected to reduce compliance costs of companies, apart from simplifying the complex tax system in the country.

Hyderabad: A separate GST headquarters will be set up here to house the divisional units of the Central Excise, customs and service tax departments. GST operations will be completely online and the interface between tax officials and tax payers will be almost nil.

The department is setting up infrastructure for the new offices and training the staff to enforce the new tax regime.

According to an agreement reached between the Centre and the states in the GST Council meeting, states will have control over 90 per cent of the taxpayer base whose revenue is less than `1.5 crore and the remaining 10 per cent will be with the Centre. GST awareness programmes for taxpayers and the public are being planned in all the 31 districts.

Every state will be divided into smaller bits called ‘GST Range’ with 1,000 assessees. These will be grouped together to form a GST division serving 5,000 assessees.

There will be 3,969 such ranges. There is likely to be new divisions under Customs. Setting up of a division on dispute resolution, capacity building and compliance measures is also being deliberated upon.

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT

More From Current Affairs

-->