61st Day Of Lockdown

Maharashtra47190134041577 Tamil Nadu155127491104 Gujarat136696169829 Delhi134186540261 Rajasthan67943804161 Madhya Pradesh63713267281 Uttar Pradesh60173406155 West Bengal34591281269 Andhra Pradesh2780180856 Bihar247765311 Punjab2045187039 Karnataka195960842 Telangana1813106849 Jammu and Kashmir156977421 Odisha13364977 Haryana113175016 Kerala7955155 Assam351574 Jharkhand3501413 Uttarakhand244551 Chandigarh2381793 Tripura1911520 Himachal Pradesh185574 Chhatisgarh172620 Goa55160 Manipur2720 Puducherry26100 Meghalaya14121 Mizoram110 Arunachal Pradesh110 Sikkim100
Nation Current Affairs 22 May 2020 15 of family test po ...

15 of family test positive after visiting relative at hospital

Published May 22, 2020, 12:12 pm IST
Updated May 22, 2020, 12:12 pm IST
Police contacted the family members but no one came forward to cremate, so GHMC had to carry out the process
15 of family test positive after visiting relative at hospital. (PTI Photo)
 15 of family test positive after visiting relative at hospital. (PTI Photo)

Hyderabad: A hospital visit to meet one of their family members, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 disease, has resulted in 15 members of the Alampally family from Vanasthalipuram getting infected with Coronavirus and also led to the death of 42-year-old Madhusudan.

While the family was quarantined in different wards in Gandhi Hospital, 42-year-old Madhusudan was shifted to an intensive care unit as he had developed bilateral pneumonia. He was the elder brother of the man, who was first to get infected in the family.


Madhusudan’s health condition was stated to be serious when he was admitted to the hospital and it got further worsened. Despite the best efforts of doctors, he passed away at 6 pm on May 1. The younger brother, who is a trader at Malakpet market, has survived.

His wife Alampally Madhavi and other members had mild symptoms and were discharged on May 16 after recovering from the disease. When Ms Madhavi enquired about her husband, Gandhi Hospital authorities initially told her that he was put on a ventilator support and later said that he was dead.

Angry with the lack of clarity by the hospital authorities, Ms Madhavi tweeted
minister K.T. Rama Rao seeking his help to get clarity on the health condition
of her husband.

“For the last one week, I have been inquiring about my husband with hospital officials and police. There is no clarity about what happened to him. If they had cremated him, why didn’t they take permission from us? Give us video and photo evidence of the same. I was not even shown his body. We all were in the hospital. We do not know whom police and Gandhi Hospital authorities have
contacted,” she tweeted.

The family could not come to terms with the cremation of Madhusudan, but the Gandhi Hospital superintendent Dr M. Rajarao said the due process was followed by the hospital authorities.

“Police contacted the family members but no one came forward to cremate. So GHMC had to carry out the process. We sympathise with the family members as they were in the hospital undergoing treatment. But it is wrong to blame the hospital which has followed procedure,” said Dr M. Rajarao.

“If no one had come forward, I should have been informed about it at the hospital
itself,” argued Ms Madhavi.

Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad