Hyderabad: A 15-month-old girl suffered injuries on her leg near her house in Nacharam on Saturday when she accidentally stepped on a can, leading to an explosion. The girl was admitted to a hospital and is said to be stable.
According to Nacharam inspector M. Mahesh, Chaitra, daughter of Srisailam, a resident of VST Colony, was playing at an open place behind her house when she stepped on a can filled with some chemicals.
The can exploded with a huge sound and the girl suffered bleeding injuries on the leg.
Locals alerted the police and the girl was shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. She is said to be out of danger.
The inspector said, “Samples of the chemical were collected by Clues team and sent to Forensic Science Laboratories for analysis. A case has been registered and efforts are on to identify who dumped the chemical tin in the residential area.”...