Nation Current Affairs 20 Feb 2019 Chennai: Boy crushes ...

Chennai: Boy crushes colourful lights, electrocuted

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Feb 20, 2019, 3:07 am IST
Updated Feb 20, 2019, 3:07 am IST
The boy had accompanied his parents, who were cooks from Bihar, to a marriage hall where they were working that day.
He was playing around the kitchen close to dawn when his parents were working. (Representional Image)
 He was playing around the kitchen close to dawn when his parents were working. (Representional Image)

Chennai: A three-year-old boy was electrocuted after he crushed light bulbs at a marriage hall at Kancheepuram on the early hours of Tuesday.

According to the police, Mohammed Nasir (25 )  Bihar native and a resident of Pulianthope had gone to a marriage hall at Padappai at Kancheepuram along with his wife Regina and three-year-old son Mohammed Ayaan.

 

The couple was the cook for the marriage.

They had gone to the marriage hall on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning at around 4 am, when Mohammed Nasir started cooking, his wife Regina was helping, while their son who was playing around got electrocuted to death,” said a police officer.

"My kid was attracted to the light bulbs used for decoration as the bulbs looked colourful and not real. he was curious and happened to touch and crush them with his hands.  While my husband was approaching to him I raised a bit of my voice to let go of them.

 

However, my son looked very strange because he didn’t even turn his head or talk back to me. I suddenly realize he was in a shock of electric current because he started trembling his body", said Regina.

 He was immediately taken to a private hospital in Padappai, where he was declared dead on arrival. Later his body was sent to the Chromepet government hospital for post-mortem.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->