Vijayawada: TD's Amalapuram MP Pandula Ravindra Babu resigned from the party and joined the YSRC the presence of party chief Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy.
He is the second MP after Avanthi Srinivas of Anakapalli to change over. Two MLAs have also crossed the floor: Meda Mallikarjuan Reddy and Amanchi Krishna Mohan.
It is learnt that Mr Ravindra Babu was denied the TD ticket to contest again from Amalapauram, which is why he joined the YSRC. He criticised Chief Minister N. Chandra-babu Naidu for ditching the people of AP.
Speaking to the media Mr Ravindra Babu said, "I am happy to have joined the YSRC. It is like a homecoming for me. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu ditched the people of AP in the name of a special economic package after several flip-flops on special status. Ultimately, the state did not get anything from the Centre only because of Naidu.”
- Defectors to the YSRC from the TD:
- Anakapalle MP M. Srinivas Rao
- Amalapuram MP P. Ravindra Babu
- Rajampet MLA M. Mallikarjuna Reddy
- Chirala MLA A. Krishna Mohan
Waiting in line
- Ramachandra-puram MLA Thota Thrimurthulu
- MLC Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy
- Ex-minister Kavuri Sambasiva Rao (BJP)