Nation Current Affairs 19 Feb 2018 Fire at Chutney’s ...

Fire at Chutney’s restaurant in Kukatpally

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Feb 19, 2018, 1:19 am IST
Updated Feb 19, 2018, 1:19 am IST
Officials of the fire department suspect that the fire may have been caused by a short circuit due to faulty wiring.
When the fire was reported, fire tenders from the Kukatpally, Madhapur and Sanath Nagar fire stations rushed to the spot. (Representational Image)
 When the fire was reported, fire tenders from the Kukatpally, Madhapur and Sanath Nagar fire stations rushed to the spot. (Representational Image)

Hyderabad: A fire broke out at popular restaurant Chutneys in Kukatpally on Sunday morning. Officials of the fire department suspect that the fire may have been caused by a short circuit due to faulty wiring.

When the fire was reported, fire tenders from the Kukatpally, Madhapur and Sanath Nagar fire stations rushed to the spot. Teams comprising of 20 firefighters were deployed to douse the flames.

 

V. Papaiah, the regional fire officer for the central region, was in the vicinity when the mishap occurred. “After receiving a call about the fire at Chutneys, I rushed there and noticed that the area was full of smoke. I evacuated around 45 persons, including the restaurant staff, as well as the people in Joyalukkas, which is in the same building as the restaurant, with the help of their staff and our men, the fire was controlled and extinguished by the tenders of Kukatpally, Sanath Nagar and Madhapur, using one water tank. They removed the smoke that had accumulated on all the floors with the help of a smoke exhauster and saved property worth Rs 10 crore. There were no casualties,” he said. It took the fire tenders about half an hour to put out the fire. 

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT