Bengaluru senior citizen latest coronavirus casualty in Karnataka

An 80-year old woman in Belagavi and a 65-year old man from Chikkaballapura had died yesterday

Bengaluru: Karnataka’s graph of COVID-19 positive cases has started zooming up with a record of 34 new COVID-19 cases reported since yesterday evening. Added to this, Bengaluru city witnessed the death of a senior citizen, referred to Victoria hospital by a private hospital.

This has taken Karnataka tally to 313, of which 17 are reported from Belagavi and seven are from Vijayapura.

Five new cases were reported from Bengaluru, three from Mysuru and one each from Kalaburagi and Gadag. This is the highest ever spike in one day since the state recorded its first Corona positive case on March 9.

The death of the 66-year-old male patient from Bengaluru was referred from a private hospital to Victoria Hospital in Bengaluru. The patient was on ventilator support since April 10 and died on Wednesday, revealed the mid-day health bulletin issued by the Department of Health and Family Welfare.

Of the 17 cases from Belagavi, 12 cases were in touch with 2 positive patients and these 2 patients had, in turn, got infected from cases with travel history to New Delhi.

The remaining five cases seem to have puzzled the health officials as the 5 were tested negative a week back have now tested positive on Thursday. All five of them have travel history to New Delhi.

All seven cases from Vijayapura, including an 18-month-old child, were in contact with corona positive persons. They all are now undergoing treatment at a designated hospital at Vijayapura.

Three cases reported from Mysuru have their links to the pharma company at Nanjangudu taking the total toll to 61. Of the 61, 50 of them are cluster cases including 27 of employees of the company and 23 of their contacts (20 from Nanjangud and 30 from Mysuru).

Five cases from Bengaluru include a case with a history of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection, and a 13-year-old boy who was in contact with a positive patient. The health officials are tracing the source of infection of the remaining three cases.

A 59-year-old female from Gadag who was a contact of an 80-year-old female who had a history of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection and succumbed to the virus has tested positive on Thursday.

The case from Kalburgi is a 23-year-old female, who was in contact with a positive patient. She is isolated at a designated hospital in Kalburgi.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story