Bengaluru: A 21-year-old youth died on the spot after the roof collapsed on him following an LPG cylinder blast at his house in Hebbagodi on the city outskirts early Sunday. Four other family members sustained burn injuries and four neighbouring houses got damaged in the incident.
The deceased, Ambarish, was an employee of a private factory in Hebbagodi. His elder sister Anasuyamma, 35, her husband, Mallesh, 40, a tea seller, their children Harish, 18, and Jagadish, 12, sustained burn wounds in the fire accident. They have been admitted to Victoria Hospital and their condition is said to be critical. According to fire department officials, the incident took place at around 5 am in. Anasuyamma woke up around 5 am and when she switched on the light in the bathroom there was a blast. It is suspected that the family members had forgot to turn off the LPG cylinder on Saturday night and there was gas leakage all through the night.
Hence switching on the light triggered a blast. “Due to the blast, the roof of the house collapsed on Ambarish and he died on the spot, while the couple and two children sustained burn injuries due to fire.
The couple has sustained about 50 per cent burn injuries and their condition is said to be serious. The children have sustained about 25 per cent wounds are they are recovering. By the time the fire department staff reached the spot, the neighbours had managed to bring the fire under control and shifted all the injured to hospital,” an official said.
“Four houses near the house, where the blast took place, were damaged due to the impact of the blast,” the official added. Hebbagodi police have registered a case in this connection....