Vijayawada: A farmer and an electrician were electrocuted on Monday while they were trying to repair a motor connection. The incident occurred at Edupugallu village, in Krishna district.
Electrician Koganti Leela Prasad, 27, and farmer Chalasani Krish-na Murthy did not notice an electric wire that was lying on the field and were electrocuted, said Kankipadu inspector A. Sivaji Raju.
He said that other farmers working in the nearby fields rushed to help on hearing their screams but could not intervene for fear of getting electrocuted themselves.
By the time Krishna Murthy and Leela Prasad were rushed to the hospital, they were already dead.
The inspector said that on a complaint lodged by Krishna Murthy’s son Ch. Visweswararao, the police registered a case and began investigations.
The bodies of the two victims were shifted to the hospital for post-mortem.
Many farmers are getting their motor pumps repaired because of the deficit rainfall in some areas or in places where water from projects have not yet reached the fields.
Farmers are suffering a delayed monsoon and deficit rainfall in some some regions and are hastening to plant saplings....