Visakhapatnam: A 15-year-old boy, who had consumed bug spray after his parents restricted him from playing PUBG 20 days ago, passed away while undergoing treatment at the King George Hospital in Vizag late on Tuesday.
Boya Lohith, a Class X student belonging to Pedagantyada under New Port Police Station limits in Vizag, had consumed the insecticide by mixing it in water on August 21.
He was reacting to his father, Boya Venkat Reddy, confiscating his mobile phone for playing PUBG.
Lohith had skipped school several times as he was engrossed in playing PUBG. It is learnt that he had fought with his parents several times at being stopped from playing PUBG. The parents, worried about his abnormal behaviour, had also taken Lohith to a psychiatrist.
Mr Venkat Reddy said that Lohith had told him that he couldn’t live without playing PUBG. We didn’t know that he had consumed insecticide. We rushed him to hospital after he started to vomit.”
New Port inspector K.P. Naidu said, “A case has been registered under Section 174 of CrPC and investigation is on.”...