Kochi: A 49-year-old man died after falling from the roof of second floor of his printing shop near Government Boys Higher Secondary School, North Paravur on Tuesday evening. Police suspect he sustained electric shock from the roof where he climbed on to fix the name board of his shop.
The deceased was identified as Suneesh Balakrishnan, 49, of Ponnankeril house, Cheriyapananthuruth, North Paravur.
According to police, the reason behind the death can only be confirmed after conducting a postmortem. “As per the statement from the witnesses, he climbed on to the roof to fixname board of the shop. But somehow he fell down and died on the spot. Though we suspect electrocution as reason for death as there are electric cables on the roof, it can only be confirmed after a postmortem,” an official said.
The body is currently kept at a private hospital here. The inquest and postmortem will be conducted on Wednesday, police said....