Hyderabad: A fire broke out at a Honda two-wheeler showroom near Bazaar Ghat crossroad at Nampally on Sunday. About 40 vehicles were reduced to ashes in the blaze although no casualties were reported in the incident, police said.
“The cause of the fire was short-circuit. The incident took place around 10.45 am. A fire engine from Secretariat reached the spot and put out the fire in 30 minutes,” said Nampally sub inspector Srikanth Reddy. The showroom did have fire retardant equipment, but the blaze could not be controlled due to its high intensity.