Nation Current Affairs 11 Mar 2020 Kalaburgi man’s de ...

Kalaburgi man’s death not a confirmed coronavirus case: DMO

DECCAN CHRONICLE WITH AGENCY INPUTS
Published Mar 11, 2020, 2:44 pm IST
Updated Mar 11, 2020, 2:44 pm IST
Siddiqui had recently returned from Saudi Arabia, where he had gone on a pilgrimage
 A man undergoes a test for the deadly novel coronavirus at an ITBP quarantine facility in Chhawla, New Delhi. PTI photo
  A man undergoes a test for the deadly novel coronavirus at an ITBP quarantine facility in Chhawla, New Delhi. PTI photo

A 76-year-old man suspected to be infected with coronavirus died in Karnataka's Kalaburagi, District health and family welfare department said on Wednesday.

An official note of the department in the district headquarters town identified him as Mohammed Hussain Siddiqui, who died in a government hospital on Tuesday.

 

Siddiqui had recently returned from Saudi Arabia, where he had gone on a pilgrimage, they said.

The District Medical Officer of Kalaburgi has said that there is no confirmation that the deceased had been infected with coronavirus. "His samples have been sent to the Pune lab and results are expected this evening," he said.

...
Location: India, Karnataka, Kalaburagi




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT