Nation Current Affairs 08 Jun 2016 Mathura clashes: No ...

Mathura clashes: No bullet found in post-mortem of 19 bodies

PTI
Published Jun 8, 2016, 10:09 am IST
Updated Jun 8, 2016, 10:09 am IST
Police said Facebook account of Ram Vriksh Yadav and his associates would be closed down with the help of cyber cell.
Workers clearing the ashes inside the clash-hit Jawahar Bagh in Mathura. (Photo: PTI)
 Workers clearing the ashes inside the clash-hit Jawahar Bagh in Mathura. (Photo: PTI)

Mathura: The post-mortem report of 19 people, of those killed during the Jawahar Bagh violence here, shown none of them died of bullet injury but either due to burn injuries or those received in lathi blow and stone-pelting, the district authorities said on Tuesday.

In a joint press conference, Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police Babloo Kumar and District Magistrate Nikhil Shukla denied reports of bullets found from the body of those killed. Of the 19 whose post-mortem reports are available, 12 died of burn injuries and seven due to injuries received in lathi blows and stone-pelting, they said.

 

Twenty-nine people - including then SP (City) Mukul Dwivedi and Station House Officer (Farah) Santosh Yadav - were killed during clashes between police and encroachers at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura last week. The two officers said DNA test would be conducted to ascertain the identities of the bodies that have not been identified. Strict action would be taken against those police officers who are found guilty of abandoning the SP and the SHO during the eviction of Jawahar Bagh.

They said the Facebook account of Ram Vriksh Yadav and his associates would be closed down with the help of cyber cell. The records found there would be used to connect the dots.

 

Meanwhile, District Magistrate Nikhil Shukla said as a judicial probe has been ordered, Commissioner Aligarh Chandra Kant, who was carrying on an administrative probe, will not carry out the investigations.

Shukla said now nobody would be allowed to "encroach" upon the government land.

According to SP Babloo Kumar, FIR has been registered against the enchroachers who entered into arson in Jawahar Bagh. "The investigation would be done in a professional and scientific manner, under which one team would be collecting technical data, the other team, consisting of an Inspector and two sub inspectors, would go for traditional investigation, while the third group would verify issues coming on the way," he added.

 

Apart from these, Kumar said a drive against the criminals would be launched soon in the district.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->