Visakhapatnam: Five persons were killed after inhaling poisonous gases that accidentally leaked from a chemical factory in Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh early Thursday morning.
Several people were reported to be struggling for their lives in various hospitals in the port city. Hundreds of people have been shifted to various hospitals in the port city after the gas leak from L G Polymers.
According to reports, people who inhaled the gas fell unconsciousness on the roads. A large number of ambulances, police vehicles and private vehicles were rushed to the spot to shift the victims to hospital.
According to reports, a big blast took place in a furnace at the L.G. Polymers factory and a large amount of poisonous gases were released.
In discomfort, a large number of people rushed to the nearby Meghadrigedda reservoir to wash themselves for relief. Meanwhile, there are reports that another three people are said to be died.
Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy and an expert team from the Central Pollution Control Board are going Vizag.