Hyderabad: An assistant manager working for Goldenstar Facilities Pvt Limited, Ratna Babu, and an electrician from the same firm, Basvaraj, have been arrested in the case of the 6-year-old boy, Monish, who was electrocuted at PBEL City.
The Narsingi police have arrested four persons under section 304 (A) of the IPC for criminal negligence.
Investigating officer Mr K.M. Raghavendra told this newspaper, “It was the primary duty of the electrician and the assistant manager to check for any lapse in the electrical connections. Also, the manager had deployed unskilled housekeeping staff who happened to leave a live wire exposed adjacent to a lamp post, which killed Monish. Their negligence has caused the death of a human being.”
There have not been any arrests yet, but the PBEL City developers and the top brass of Golden Star Facilities are booked under Section 304 (A) in the case.
Investigations revealed that ahead of Sankranthi festivities, housekeeping staff Sai Kumar Goud had set up temporary floodlights. However, he left the live wires exposed and that is criminal negligence.
Unfortunately, the 6-year-old Monish clung to the lamp post next to which a live wire was exposed and died of electrocution. Monish's father, Deevakar, demands the cancellation of Golden Star Facilities' license. “We will continue to fight till the culprits are prosecuted. I am seeking legal advice to fight this case. I demand that the license of Golden Star Facilities should be canceled.”
The police are yet to record the confession of PBEL City developers....