Nation Current Affairs 06 Dec 2019 Thoothukudi: Two stu ...

Thoothukudi: Two students sustain burns after acid spill in school laboratory

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | ARULOLI
Published Dec 6, 2019, 2:35 am IST
Updated Dec 6, 2019, 2:36 am IST
The school administration rushed the boys to a private hospital, and subsequently referred the two students to the Thoothukudi GH.
The student, all between the age group of 12 and 13 years, while carrying the acid bottles to the pit, dropped a few of them and the spillage injured two boys, Maharajan and Pramod Bala, in their hands and legs. (Representational Image)
 The student, all between the age group of 12 and 13 years, while carrying the acid bottles to the pit, dropped a few of them and the spillage injured two boys, Maharajan and Pramod Bala, in their hands and legs. (Representational Image)

Thoothukudi: Two class - 7 students of a government-aided private higher secondary school, involved in removing acid bottles from the school’s laboratory, sustained burn injuries as the acid spilled on them.

The school management, however, tried to cover up the accident brought to light by a lawyer, who also informed the police about the accident.

 

According to police, a few class - 7 students of the Nazareth CSI diocese-run TDTA Nalmeippar Higher Secondary School, Idaiyarkadu, were asked by the head master to cleaning the school laboratory.

As part of the cleaning process, the headmaster is said to have asked the boys to take the out-dated acids and chemicals, and bury them.

The student, all between the age group of 12 and 13 years, while carrying the acid bottles to the pit, dropped a few of them and the spillage injured two boys, Maharajan and Pramod Bala, in their hands and legs.

The school administration rushed the boys to a private hospital, and subsequently referred the two students to the Thoothukudi GH, where a lawyer, Lawrence, a relative of one of the injured boys came and disclosed the issue to the media.

It is said that only after the media came, the school administration informed parents that their children sustained burn injuries.  Reacting to the incident Chief Educational Officer (CEO) Gnana Gowri, said she had ordered an enquiry into the matter.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT