Nation Current Affairs 06 Aug 2017 Karnataka: Corruptio ...

Karnataka: Corruption crippling economy, says Santosh Hegde

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Aug 6, 2017, 5:30 am IST
Updated Aug 6, 2017, 6:41 am IST
2G, Bofors and coal-gate surpass the annual budgets of states and had a lasting impact on the economy, Justice Hegde said said.
Former Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde, former Speaker Krishna, Srikumar, IPS, and Raghunandan T.R., IAS, at a symposium on ‘Good administration’ in  Bengaluru on Saturday 	– KPN
 Former Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde, former Speaker Krishna, Srikumar, IPS, and Raghunandan T.R., IAS, at a symposium on ‘Good administration’ in Bengaluru on Saturday – KPN

Bengaluru: Taking strong exception against the rampant increase in the corruption across the country, former Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde pointed that it has largely paralysed Indian economy and anti corruption laws were not effective to deal with offenders.

At a seminar on ‘Administrative Reforms for Transparent and Corruption-free Governance’, organised by the Lanchamukta Karnataka Nirmana Vedike (Forum for Building a Bribe-free Karnataka), at the Press Club on Saturday, Justice Hegde said that the amount involved in scams like 2G, Bofors and coal-gate surpass the annual budgets of states and had a lasting impact on the economy.

 

“Once the investigations are completed, we will get to know who all have their hands buried in corruption and who all have contributed towards paralysing the Indian economy,” he said. Pointing at the ‘systematic loot’ by the public representatives and government officials, Justice Hegde pointed that though Central government allocates thousands of crore in the budget for the development of nation and citizens, only 15 per cent of it reaches the beneficiaries, while the rest 85 percent is looted by public representatives and officials.

 

Justice Hegde felt the need to strengthen the anti corruption laws to root out corruption. 

...
Location: India, Karnataka, Bengaluru




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT