New Delhi: A senior Pakistani police official has said that surgical strikes by the Indian army across the Line of Control (LoC) did indeed take place, and killed at least five Pakistani soldiers and an unspecified number of militants.
According to a report in CNN News18, a senior police official in PoK, under the impression he was speaking to his superior, rattled off the events of the night of September 28 and confirmed every single claim made by the Indian Army over the last week.
On tape, Ghulam Akbar, Superintendent of Police (Special Branch) of the Mirpur Range in PoK, is heard admitting that the surgical strikes had indeed taken place in many sectors on the early hours of September 29.
Akbar further states that the Pakistani Army was caught unawares by the Indian attack and lost 5 soldiers. He says that the Pakistan Army removed bodies of several terrorists from the area following the operation.
Samana in Bhimber, Hazira in Poonch, Dudhniyal in Neelam and Kayani in Hathian Bala are some of the areas named by the Mirpur SP in his conversation, which were attacked by Indian security forces during the surgical strike. Akbar states that the Pakistan Army immediately cordoned off the areas following the strikes.
The SP also said Pakistani Army put the dead bodies in ambulances and took them away, and buried them in villages.
"Sir, that was night...you can say roughly 3-4 hours... between 2 am and 4 or 5am... the attack continued between that time. There were attacks on separate places... several places were attacked... they also met resistance," CNN News 18 quoted Akbar as saying.
But in probably what is the worst indictment of Pakistan’s hand in sponsoring terrorism, the SP stated that the Pakistani Army facilitates jihadi movement in forward areas and arranges for their crossing over to India.
"The Army brings them, sir... it is in their hands," he was quoted as saying. Finally, he admits that the Pakistani Army also protects the jihadi infrastructure in PoK, even from the local police and authorities....